Canada PR: Ontario PNP invites 703 Express Entry candidates
Invited candidates have the possibility to get selected for a provincial nomination for Canada PR through Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
Ontario issued ITAs to 703 Express Entry candidates with work experience in targeted occupations on 26th August 2020. Express Entry candidates had to have a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 466 to 475 in order to be invited in the latest invitation draw. Once they successfully receive the nomination, they’ll be awarded with an extra 600 CRS points, which will definitely guarantee them an ITA in an upcoming Express Entry draw.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) invited candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in case they are having work experience in one of the following occupations:
- Financial managers NOC 0111
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers NOC 0124
- Corporate sales managers NOC 0601
- Financial auditors and accountants NOC 1111
- Other financial officers NOC 1114
- Professional occupations in business management consulting NOC 1122
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses NOC 3012
- Allied primary health practitioners NOC 3124
- Dietitians and nutritionists NOC 3132
The candidate’s occupation that made it possible for them to get an invitation from Ontario must be the same primary occupation which the candidate has mentioned in their Express Entry profile. The OINP looks out into the Express Entry pool for finding candidates who fulfill the criteria of their immigration streams.
In 2020, the Canadian government has allocated 7600 principal applicants for Canada immigration through the OINP. This is inclusive of 250 nominations for temporary workers in intermediate skilled occupations or National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C. In 2019, over half of Ontario’s 7391 PNP candidates were actually Express Entry candidates.